Joy and disaster

New to the Volkswagen ID.5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Donboon

Post by Donboon »

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum where I hope to contribute as much as I can. My introduction is somewhat confusing I admit.
I’m a Motability customer so in a different situation to others. I have the advantage on owning a second car which I’ve proudly cherished the past three and an half years although when you learn it’s a Land Rover Discovery 4 it might arouse another topic.
Having been coerced into going for another car, the ID 5 some might suggest not before time. However the reasons are age related not environmental.
Having chosen from several contentious options I opted for the ID 5 because it had the range I needed and availability.
It has many attributes I welcome but not until we took ownership did we discover hidden obstacles such as fiddly touch screen, constantly changing settings and most importantly a hidden danger that could cause a motorway pileup.
Charging the car is another topic.
No exaggeration I stress. We have experienced it and to make matters worse we’ve been involved in a 145mph head on crash that killed the other driver and left us both suffering PTSD ever since. Note; the other car was a stolen car driven by a notorious thief on drugs and he was overtaking vehicles on a blind bend when he struck us. Sorry about the explanation.
In three of the three motorway journeys we’ve undertaken and no thanks to Volkswagen and their dealer, we are still aware it could happen again.
But I’ll post this unwelcome concern in the relevant section and say Hi to everyone and hope this is another motoring forum that’s helpful.