App error

All Volkswagen ID.5 related discussions
ricbuscas

Post by ricbuscas »

Hi!
the we connect id app does not recognize the charge status of the car. Does anyone else have that problem?

Vander

Post by Vander »

Could you elaborate a little on the problem?

In my case the app (on Android) reliably indicates whether charging is active or not, and the rate in kW and time remaining, assuming the car has a good mobile signal. I do sometimes get false charging errors through the app, but can see that charging is progressing.

There's a known bug where the miles remaining is often not accurate, by a large margin (for example 50% charge and 78 miles). In this case, divide the miles shown by 0.62 and you'll get roughly the correct figure. It relates to a miles/km conversion factor, and I think it's the car reporting wrongly, not the app.

V
ID5 Pro Performance in Blue Dusk
TomK

Post by TomK »

I agree the WeConnect app is a bit flaky, not always showing correct battery status until I synchronise in Settings > Vehicle Data

However, my main bug now is that it shows the distance as km - in user profile App Settings I have changed the Units > Distance between Kilometers and Miles several times but this does not affect the app display.

Vander, do you know of a setting in the car for this?

(first time app install did show Miles but I had to reinstall the app when it failed)
Vander

Post by Vander »

Hmm, this is odd. I have found recent versions of the app to be more reliable. Are you running the latest app version?

Mine (Android) is at V3.0.7 (Android). In particular, I rarely have any need to synchronise manually. Does your car have a good signal where it's usually parked? And what s/w version is the car at?

On my app, the distance unit setting is set to "Automatic" and I've seen no such issues as you describe.
ID5 Pro Performance in Blue Dusk
TomK

Post by TomK »

Thanks Vander, my iPhone app was version 2.4.0 no visible link for updates, showing km altough miles was selected in settings.

Removed app and reinstalled from Apple App Store and now version 2.5.0 which displays correctly in miles!
swingman

Post by swingman »

I picked up my my ID5 on Saturday. When I contacted customer care team at VW, they told me I should just Volkswagen apps only. I think there are more confusion what each apps do and the both apps keeps forgetting your vehicle. It's early days for me and hoping it would able to overcome these teething problems
swingman

Post by swingman »

TomK I use Android version 3.0.26. There are no update facility in this software. You need to vist Google/Apple store to check for new version if there is one, delete. the old and install the new. Very high-tec.
The app setting for distance is "Automatic". It then pick the value from the car. So if your car is set for miles, then you get the number in miles. So the does not know the units. Its bit confusing. Poor coding.