New to the Volkswagen ID.5 Forum

New to the Volkswagen ID.5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ID5Owner

Post by ID5Owner »

Looking forward to finding out more about the Volkswagen ID.5. Will the Volkswagen ID.5 be electric only does anyone know?

stewhite

Post by stewhite »

Hi there, I’m looking to collect my id5 in September, having owned an id4 Max previously and a id4 family currently. My other half has the id3 and as if that all isn’t enough I’ve pre ordered a Id 🐝 but have absolutely no idea when that will arrive in the uk.
Johnd

Post by Johnd »

Hi folks - new to the forum - hoping to take delivery of my ID5 in the near future - due to be in the UK shortly - anybody else have one on the way ?

Regards

John
Vander

Post by Vander »

Welcome John,

What model have you ordered? I bet you can't wait - have you a firm delivery date yet?

V
ID5 Pro Performance in Blue Dusk
Johnd

Post by Johnd »

Hi there,

I have a GTX on the way it is now at code 38 and in the port ready to be shipped - hope to pick it up in the next few weeks - looking forward to the experience of this - do you have any hints and tips on ownership and charging ? Do you have yours yet ?
Vander

Post by Vander »

Hi John

I've had mine for several weeks now, and absolutely love it. I posted some early thoughts in another thread. The UI niggles still niggle, but you do eventually get used to them. Overall experience so far is very positive.

We're currently holidaying in Central Scotland. Charging here is great, mostly 22 - 50kw, and usually free except in bigger towns / cities, although this obviously can't last forever.
Even when not free it's around 30p a kwh which is cheaper than charging at home for me. I signed up to Chargeplace Scotland and paid £10 for the RFID card, which is really easy to use and saves faffing with a phone. Plus I've been able to link the same card to my Connected Kerb account, so no multiple apps or cards to worry about.

At home I just use a granny charger (be sure to ask your dealer to throw one in) and although slow it easily keeps up with my usage if I plan well.

I see you, stewhite and windshear are all due to receive yours very soon - any updates?
ID5 Pro Performance in Blue Dusk