Battery range falling faster than advertised - EVgate

All Volkswagen ID.5 related discussions
swingman

Post by swingman »

When I took delivery of my PRO model From day when I changed my battery to 80% or 100% it always at the end of charging rage is about 20% lower than for the environmental surrounding and driving style, load etc. I made a complaint to to VW UK but they looked at the data and dismissed it. I having thinking of taking legal action as now the range dropping even faster than the VW's own simulator. VW not haas removed it from website and replaced with few different new cars.

Now for 80% it displays about 190 miles at about 6C. I normally drive alone (60%mainly along dual carriageway and do about 60-65. About 35% I take my son to school The rest is family outing. In reality I only get about 110 miles to get 20% charge. This is way to low.

How is your doing during last few month and what sort of range you are getting. This would help form a collective judgement of the performance or do I have a faulty battery /car?

Perkman1969

Post by Perkman1969 »

Have to say my range is dropping faster than I’m happy with as well. I commute daily to the tune of 120 miles round trip and have had to start charging to 90% to ensure there is some spare charge left over in case of unexpected journeys. This morning 90% only gave me 170 miles whereas it was giving nearer 200 (and more in the warmer months). I’ve had the car 4 months and bought it from VW with approximately 5k on the clock. It is charged overnight, every night on an Ohme home charger with occasional use of fast chargers at supermarkets when the need arises. This is really the only aspect of ID5 ownership that I’m less than 100% happy with - it’s saving me a fortune in travel costs and is the best commuter car I’ve ever owned. I love being able to walk up to it on a cold winter’s morning and have the windows already defrosted, the bum warmer on and the steering wheel ready and waiting to warm my hands. Yes the insurance is more expensive but my saving in diesel costs have more than paid for the difference so I’m hoping the range will head back north of 200 as the weather improves….
swingman

Post by swingman »

Just before Christmas I was returning. from Holland to Calais on the the day after the tunnel workers went on strike I charged my car to 100% and the range said 240 miles. My trip journey was 200 miles. So I set out and only doing 60-75 mph through the dual carriage way, only one stop, After 150 miles it said my range reduced to 75 miles, so I thought it would still make it. But then the range started to even faster, with 30 miles left range down to 30 as well. I realise that that it won't make it. I found a rapid charger 3 miles off the main road and tried to charge but some reason it wouldn't. This charger is same brand I used few times in Calais. So then tried to head for another.
For strange reason the sat nav keep changing my route to get back to the same charger and filed to guide to get to another charger. In the after few false move ( as another quirk in the sat nav it fest show the added stop, but normally direct you to there). In the end I had ask my wife to use Google map on mobile to direct me to the other charger. When I got there it had range of 8 miles, luckily I managed to charge the car. I had only about 185 miles foe almost 95% charge. The range is very unreliable.